The first day back to work after a few days rest always seems a little harder. Just that little change in routine makes all the difference.
Last week I finished reading Atomic Habits by James Clear. Not only is he a great storyteller, but his book had so much practical and actionable advice. Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
- Page 18 – “be far more concerned with your current trajectory than with your current results.”
- Page 27 – “You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems.”
- Page 152 – “it’s crucial to make your habits so easy that you’ll do them even when you don’t feel like it.”
- Page 198 – “The most effective form of motivation is progress.”
- Page 201 – “Missing once is an accident. Missing twice is the start of a new habit.”
These simple words of wisdom have stuck with me this past week as I re-tool my routines, habits and goals. The goal pages in my Full Focus Planner by Michael Hyatt are full of notes and action steps for me to get a jump start on 2019.
So here are my two questions for you…
If you have big goals you want to accomplish in 2019, why don’t you start today?
What can you do today that will move you closer to where you want to take your life?
There’s no reason to wait until January…
Become a Nozbe Ninja
Learn the secrets of using Nozbe as the center of your digital productivity system.
Just enter your name and email to get started with my free guide 15 Apps for Simple Productivity