Earlier this week I shared all about how I “batched” my breakfasts. Today’s Tool-Tip is all about using Nozbe Categories to batch tasks and get more done.
Categories in Nozbe can help you define a context or location where a task should be completed. They can be used to combine “like-tasks” together.
To get to your Categories list click the flag in the left menu.
Set up your own Categories using the + in the bottom-right of the Categories menu.
Here’s a snapshot of the Categories I use each day. I’m constantly experimenting with these, so my process is always evolving.
- Most Important Tasks – Each morning I pick the 3-5 tasks I must get done. This category helps me filter tasks in my Priority list.
- Finance – keeps everything dealing with my money in one place.
- Someday/Maybe – some of the things I might get to soon.
- Calls – yep, all the calls I have to make. Some of them are repeating tasks such as calling my parents.
- Evernote Reminders – these are notes in Evernote that I added a reminder to.
- Errands – all the stuff that needs to get done when I’m out and about.
- Waiting – all the tasks I’m waiting for a response on to move it forward.
Here’s how I really use Categories.
If I’ve got some downtime or even scheduled time to make calls, I open Nozbe, pull up my Categories list, tap Calls, and I’m on my way to getting more done.
This works for emails, finance, and running errands.
During my weekly review, I open each category and review each task to see if I need to “star” it to make it a Priority.
Categories are one of the backbones of my productivity system. Nozbe is the one app that actually handles them well.
Become a Nozbe Ninja
Learn the secrets of using Nozbe as the center of your digital productivity system.
Just enter your name and email to get started with my free guide 15 Apps for Simple Productivity